Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I'm tired of the cold...

Ok - So I know, it's still Janruary, I'm in St. Louis. I should expect it to be cold out. I'm usually ok with the cold -- however I want it to snow. If it's going to be cold and winter-like, how about at least a little snow or ice or something to make us all remember it's still winter. Lately it has been getting warm one day, then freezing cold the next. This makes the cold days seem even colder, and frankly I'm tired of it.

Auto Show
This weekend the Auto Show was in St. Louis. We made our annual pilgrimage downtown to the convention center/dome to take a look at the newest offerings the worlds auto makers had to offer. There were quite a few people there, and tons of kids. I hate kids running around like mad. You would have thought it was a freaking Chucky Cheese! (More on my passionate dislike of poorly behaved children some other time)

The auto show was pretty cool. I'm not in the market for a new car, as I just bought my truck this summer, a 2005 Chevrolet Colorado (More about me and my truck later, i suppose) A couple of surprises at the autoshow -- I knew all about the Pontiac Solstice/Saturn SKY - the sporty convertible 2 seater roadster. I was able to get into a Solstice - was a lot more cramped than I expected. I'm not a big guy - at only 5'10", I was unable to stretch my legs out in the passenger seat. The car looks great, but I'm afraid it's a bit to small for a regular driver for me -- now if i was looking for a fun weekend car -- that would be a posssible option..
I was also pleasently surprised by the new Saturn AURA The redesign of Saturn's midsize sedan. It was a pretty sharp looking car - and if I was in the market for a Accord/Camry kind of car, the AURA looks like it may be a contender - I wonder how it drives.

The new Honda Civic Coupe SI was a VERY slick car. The loaded up version at the auto show was stickered at $22,000 or so - and looked VERY nice. Id bet you'll be seeing a lot of these on the road in the coming months.

Well, that's it for now - hit me back later and I'll share a little more about the my truck and my distaste for ill-behaved kids.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home